Graduate of an HCA Program in BC


Proof of training from your Educational Institution in BC*

As a graduate of an HCA program, you will need to provide information about your HCA health care education and training in BC, and supply one of these accepted documents:
  • Certificate
  • Official Transcript (Interim Measure: Unofficial transcripts are being accepted temporarily (subject to full verification at a later date)
  • Official letter of completion from your educational institution
Important Note: BC HCA program graduate applicants must provide evidence of program completion. Incomplete transcripts indicating the HCA program is still in progress are not accepted. Transcripts must show final grades assigned for all required HCA courses. Incomplete applications will not be processed.  

Health Care Assistant (HCA) programs in BC 

*If your education credential is more than 3 years old, you will be asked to provide a resume outlining your recent and relevant health care assistant work experience. Depending on your situation, you may be required to take a HCA competency evaluation.

Change of Name - Official Documentation (If applicable)

If the name on your documents does not match the name on your application, please upload official proof of your name change: 
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Certificate of Name Change

How to apply for a legal change of name  (British Columbia Vital Statistics Agency website)
Apply as a graduate of a Health Care Assistant program in BC

For the best experience, we recommend that you use a desktop or laptop computer to apply for registration. This site has not been optimized for tablet or mobile devices. We also recommend that you apply for registration using a PC rather than a Mac computer (for attachment compatibility).

If you experience further difficulties applying for registration, your browser could be out of date. You may need to update to a more recent version of Mozilla Firefox (direct link here), Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.