Canadian-licensed LPN, RN, or RPN


Canadian Nursing Licence

As a Canadian-trained or Canadian-licensed LPN, RN, or RPN you need to supply official proof of your current (or recently expired) LPN /RN/RPN nursing licence. This proof should show your status and registration number. Proof of payment is also sufficient.

Note: If you are not licensed to practice in BC, you will need to supply a resume outlining your experience working as a licensed LPN, RN, or RPN in Canada within the past five years. Your resume should be combined with your nursing licence and uploaded in the same file.  


— OR —

Proof of training from a Canadian Educational Institution(s)

You will need to provide information about your health care education and training, and supply one of these accepted documents:
  • Certificate / Diploma / Degree
  • Official Transcript
*Nursing program must be approved by a Canadian nursing regulatory body.


Change of Name - Official Documentation (If applicable)

If the name on your documents does not match the name on your application, please upload official proof of your name change: 
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Certificate of Name Change

How to apply for a legal change of name  (British Columbia Vital Statistics Agency website)
Apply as a Canadian-trained or Canadian-licensed LPN / RN / RPN
For the best experience, we recommend that you use a desktop or laptop computer to apply for registration. This site has not been optimized for tablet or mobile devices. We also recommend that you apply for registration using a PC rather than a Mac computer (for attachment compatibility).

If you experience further difficulties applying for registration, your browser could be out of date. You may need to update to a more recent version of Mozilla Firefox (direct link here), Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.