Graduate of an HCA Program in BC


Proof of training from your Educational Institution in BC

As a graduate of an HCA program, you will need to provide information about your HCA health care education and training in BC and supply one of these accepted documents:
  • Certificate
  • Transcript (official or unofficial)*
  • Official letter of completion from your educational institution

*Transcripts must show final grades assigned for all required HCA courses. Incomplete transcripts indicating the HCA program is still in progress are not accepted. 

After you have successfully completed the HCA program and met the requirements for graduation, your educational institution will submit a graduate verification list directly to the Registry. Your application must be complete and the graduate verification list received before your application can be processed.

Please note:  If your education credential is more than 3 years old, you will be asked to provide a resume outlining your recent and relevant HCA work experience. Depending on your situation, you may be required to complete an HCA competency evaluation.

Change of Name - Official Documentation (If applicable)

If the name on your documents does not match the name on your application, please upload official proof of your name change: 

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Certificate of Name Change

How to apply for a legal change of name  (British Columbia Vital Statistics Agency website)

For the best experience, we recommend that you use a desktop or laptop computer to apply for registration. This site has not been optimized for tablet or mobile devices. We also recommend that you apply for registration using a PC rather than a Mac computer (for attachment compatibility).

If you experience further difficulties applying for registration, your browser could be out of date. You may need to update to a more recent version of Mozilla Firefox (direct link here), Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.